Monday, October 4, 2010

Spiritual covering and leadership???

So normally i am very firm in my "it was your decision you live with it" rule. I will not feel that bad if you made a decision that you end up regretting even if there was a possibility that i could of stopped it from happening.

This situation though, i am not sure how i feel about it. Here is the scene, there are a lot of (trying not to sound arrogant) spiritually young girls in the dorms; all adults, but relatively new to Christianity. On friday i suggested a movie since we finished the Pspot early. I suggested "Devil" as it looked interesting and i like scary movies. There was good buy in but Steph had come down and she heard about the plans and asked what movie we were seeing, i told her and she looked at me with very serious eyes and said 'dont take my girls to see that, you gotta protect these girls'. I thought she was being really like, all serious but joking, you know what i mean ya? Ok so i really thought she was joking but we didn't go see it that night and i shrugged it off. Now last night, Sunday, we all went as a group to see the movie. Now as a little background, I have seen Alot of scary movies and it is my favorite genre, I dont get scared at them and see them as just movies. So it ended up being the typical scene, a bunch of girls getting scared and one guy not, but one of the girls was really affected by it and was very shaken up.

Now according to my typical rule i would have said "it was your decision you live with it", and shrugged it off. But as soon as that happened i saw back to Friday night when Steph was talking to me and was like "oh crap".

I am not sure how to feel about it, i was really convicted. I feel like i should have stepped up and took Spiritual leadership as one of the more "mature" Christians of the dorms and heeded what Steph had said. I feel like i should have caught that she was serious and possibly even being a little prophetic.

Wether or not i am to always be a Spiritual leader for the dorms i dont know, probably not though. But i feel that this time i should of been.

So if those of you that saw the movie with me read this, I humbly ask your forgiveness that i did not catch something that possibly God was telling me through Steph.

Thoughts?

Much love,
Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment